Sunday, January 5, 2014

Don't Worry Be Happy



With the weather making me feel like a bear hibernating in the winter,
some pick me up music is just what this girl needs. When I look at the dreary weather and cold temperatures, having a good song gets me moving indoors and since I'm trying to decrease my stress and weight this is what I need. So imagine my happiness when I realized that it seems that mainstream is picking up on songs that don't just talking about sex and violence. In the vain of Bobby McFerrin's Don't Worry be Happy, Queen's Don't Stop Me Now (man I love me some Queen, hope they do the BioPic well) and James Browns I Feel Good, here are my go to dance by myself or sing out in my car songs that just make me well... Happy!

Pharrell- Happy- Since this was features in Despicable Me 2, a cartoon, you figure it has to be upbeat.

American Authors- Best Day of My Life
Aloe Blacc- I’m the Man (song is even played in commercial of a man (an athlete) hearing it played in his headsets as he passes people who boo him but he can’t hear them though)
Beyonce- Grown Woman, whether you like her new album or not, I'm sorry this song gets me going, especially the African inspired beat

Sara Bareilles- Brave, I've always been a huge fan of this artist so when I heard the song and saw the cute video I immediately latched on to it and the positive message
 
Enjoy and dance and sing!

No comments: