Sunday, December 29, 2013

To the New Year- What, What

Every year I like to think that things will be different than the prior year. That this year will be my year. Often, I get disappointed. Then again, I have to remind myself that things can only change if I do things differently. A simple feeling that 2014 will be an awesome year for me isn't enough. I must put actions into place that will make the difference. In other words, I need a game plan and I need to follow it. So in 2014 what do I want to happen? Whats my game plan?
  • Publish my novel- I have two novels I completed and  I want to start with one and get it out there as an ebook (for now). I have my publishing/editing/marketing plan already written out. I have the money saved. I will start with sending my work to an editing group I found in January. I will have my book epublished in 2014 then paperback
  • Run a 5k straight through- I am always close but no cigar. Right now I had to take a break because my knee joints are killing me but if I-
  • Lose 10-15 pounds- perhaps the lighter weight will make it easier on my joints when I jog. I will reduce my calorie intake and increase my weight usage to get toned up and speed up my metabolism
  • Move- I already put my notice in. I've been in my apartment for almost three years. Not to fond of it any more. Ready to move on. Maybe even to getting my first property. I have an agent in mind and I set a date for when I will make the decision to buy or just move on to another rental. Of course this is all affected by the fact that I also must-
  • Get a new car- my old reliable, barely over 6 years old keeps costing me money. My latest estimate for repairs is 1400. *insert curse word* I've already had to pay $1000 in repairs and $500 when my car was broken in to this year alone and now to end off the year folks want more! I've known people who have had cars for 10-20 years and I can't believe they are paying this kind of money back to back. So far I am underwhelmed with Nissans so I'll be looking for a new make of car for 2014.
  • Travel- I can't go a year without traveling even if it's local. I already have my Jamaica trip set now I am trying to decide between Essence Music Festival or Caribana but as I have just said above, traveling more maybe an extra goal because getting a car, moving and publishing my book are first but if there is any cash left, I'm going somewhere else in 2014 even if its another road trip to NYC.

No comments: