Friday, October 4, 2013

Songs for the furloughed

So in more tales from a furloughed gal as I have been on my exercise everyday (well at least six times a week) till we get back to work (and then I will still exercise...just not as much) I listen to a lot of music as I go jogging/walking. This lead to me think of some songs that really spoke to me about the situation I found myself in. Here are some from my own music collection that spoke to me. I'm sure there are many ones you can think of but here is something to start ya off:

  • Aloe Blacc- I Need a Dollar- Because if they don't end this foolishness soon I'm sure many of us will be.
 
 
  • Michael Jackson- Smooth Criminal- Because that's how I feel about our Congress right now.
  •  
  • Common- The People- Because despite this all we will make it out and to remind Congress that they need to remember us
  •  
  • Jay Z, Rhianna, Kanye West- Run This Town- just feels militant and protesty
  •  
  • Fugees- Ready or Not- Because I want to find these Congressman and make them...pay me! darnit
  •  
That's just five for now but I have more, stay tuned. But please share your furlough playlist if you have one!

No comments: