Saturday, July 7, 2012

This is Why I'm Hot: Things I think about when I'm hot

105 degrees in this neck of the woods folks and I am not fairing well. In fact it has inspired a lot of internal diaglouge that I felt should be shared with others to prevent myself from going crazy. Here are my top five things I have now learned about the heat:
  1. The Heat can kill you- So I'm in my 5th week of the couch to 5k program. Today was the 20 minute run day and I started it off all wrong by waiting until 845 am to go running. It's already tough enough because there are no paths that are completely without inclines for 3 miles. As soon as I started I knew it was a mistake. Halfway through I was fighting for my life and had to stop the run or else embarass myself by passing out. When I got home I was soaking wet. I mean it looked like I just got out of the shower.
  2. The Heat makes struggle- So after I took an hour and a half nap to regain my energy from the jog, I decide to go to the grocery store. While walking to the car I literally thought this: why is it so hot, I can't breathe, I'm going to pass out and burn on the hot asphalt, will anyone see me and call the police. This was all in the span of me walking from the apartment to the car. Once getting to the store, I see that it is completely packed. One would think that the heat would cause people to stay inside. Well not in my town. So the lines were crazy long. I almost read an entire magazine while waiting in line.
  3. The Heat makes you want to diet- At the store, I only bought healthy foods because I have decided to detox from fast food, alchol and high fat foods. While purchasing these items I felt lighter. Like I had already dropped a few pounds. I'm sure the scale will bring me back to reality but do you ever get that feeling that just the mind set of preparing for a diet makes you thinner already? Or am I the only crazy one?
  4. The Heat makes you sleepy- I already had a nap and now want another one. I mean there isn't enough oxygen in the air outside to do anything else. I don't even want to walk back to my car to drive anywhere. Just sleep and dream of 50 degree weather. Why did I hate the cold again?
  5. The Heat makes you angry- On my struggle to return home from jogging and the grocery store I kept thinking- No body better talk to me, It's too hot for all that. Yes, it is literally too hot to be cordial. I don't need you talking to me out in this heat, there is enough hot air out here already. Nod your head and keep it going. Being neighborly can suck it right now.
That is all for now, off to my nap and will hopefully dream of Frosty the Snowman.

No comments: