Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Another 48 hours...

So if you have ever read any of my blogs, you know I am an aspiring writer. I am currently trying to get an agent and build my creative resume. This year has started off pretty well. I got a short piece published in the Maryland Writers Association Pen In Hand quarterly writing magazine.  Then I got asked to join as a writer and actress for the DC 48 hour film project. If you've never heard of this project, check out this link http://www.48hourfilm.com/. If you are an aspiring writer, actor, film maker, this is a great project to join.  They have this competition in every major city all over the world and the top winners get shown at cannes. My team was unlucky enough to get stuck with the musical genre so so cannes for us because its just too hard.

But that didn't deter me from trying out for the Baltimore 48 hour film project in which my team got...musical again! And I was stuck singing again. Le sigh, guess that's life. Anywho I had fun doing this. The one thing to note about this competiton is no matter what genre you get you have to have certain elements in your film. This years element was: a character named Louise Ledbetter who is a busybody neighbor, a dog collar and the line, "if you want me, you know where to find me". I think we did okay.

Here's a trailer of the film. If you get the urge to check out the whole film then go to the screenings in Baltimore. Our screening group is June 13th at 930pm at the Charles Theater, tickets are $9!



No comments: